Project Unlimited: Main Page
Sold: February 18,2012
I loved my Grand Cherokee, but it was starting to show its age. It was pushing 90,000 miles and some small rust spots were forming. After going all winter with our 2011 Jayco 17Z sitting in the driveway, I felt like it was a poor purchase as we were making payments on it all year long. In the spring of 2011, we decided to put it up for sale with the understanding that if it sold, I was going to buy a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The trailer sold, and after hearing about the upcoming changes with the 2012 Wranlgers, I decided to wait too see them in person.
- 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- Detanator Yellow
- Heated Leather Seats
- Media Center 430N
- Factory Tow Package
- Connectivity Group
- Air Conditioning with Automatic Climate Control
- Remote Start
After waiting for most of the summer, I finally got the chance to drive a new Wranlger Unlimited Sahara with the new 3.6L Pentastar motor and it was consideribly better than the outgoing 3.8L. With this, I decided to get a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited. I searched high and low to find what I was looking for. By Thanksgiving, I still wasn’t finding exactly the colors and options I was looking for. Northtown Auto in Tonawanda, NY had a used 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in Detanator Yellow with all the options that I was looking for. Initially, I still wasn’t going to consider it, but after looking at the price difference, it was going cost me $3,500-4,000 more just for the new engine and transmission. After I considered that, it was clear to me that I needed to take a look at the used one as the $3,500-4,000 would finance several mods.
- Lock Pick and Backup Camera
- Quadratec Floor Liners
Plans that I have for the JK:
- AEV Front Bumper
- Warn M8000 Winch (Already have)
- Cobra 75 WX ST CB and Antenna (Already have)
- Viair 450H On-Board Air Compressor (Already have)
- Viair 2.5 Gallon Air Tank (Already have)
- Front or Rear Quick Connect Air Chuck
- Possibilty of some sort of roof rack – Gobi?
- If I do a roof rack, I would get some extra lighting